Friday, January 23, 2009

Another Adventure

Dear Stef,

This was another trip (over a year ago now) another beach, another exotic location.


















This trip we decided to walk to the other end of the beach, it took 2 hours to get there!! It took so long and went so far away from the hotel we started coming across locals living on the edge of the beach.
















We finally got to the other end of the beach.
















We walked across to the other side of the rocks to find this....

















The water was SO warm, you could dive straight in. It was just so wild and remote it was like being the only people left in the world (except for the nice local).

We went to a local fish place and had some of the best fish I have ever had, so simple but so delicious. I had a very hard time trying to tell the lady that the fish I had chosen (out of a massive bucket) that I wanted it served without the head, she could not speak a word of English and it took quite some wild hand movements to get my request understood.

This was another location. Breakfast I thought this was a slice of cheese on toast (no point asking for anything in particular as nobody could understand you, I gave up after asking for 1 egg cooked for three minutes and was given three eggs cooked for 1 minute), anyway I thought this was a slice of cheese it was actually a slice of butter!!!



















We had the same breakfast every morning but I don't think we ever paid the same price twice.

Love Mum xxxx

No comments: