Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Summer Days

Dear Stef,

Hope your not too cold. Yesterday was a scorcher, Suey came over for dinner and we made hamburgers on the BBQ and ate them outside. I have yet to start sanding back Grandad's wooden table - might save that till you get back :-)

Thank's to you I spent hours yesterday going through all my travel photo's. I love this one, it is truly the most beautiful pool and surroundings I have ever been to and the water was so warm you could just dive straight in *bliss*
















The thing I remember most about this place was lying on the lounge in my bikini reading my book (and surreptitiously watching all the VERY interesting people walk by) when a little Asian girl (about 3 or 4) and her mother walked past, the little girl looked at me, pointed and burst into squeals of laughter, her mother looked very embarrassed and hurried her along. I was left there to wonder what the heck was so incredibly funny. Even a visit to the bathroom to check out if I had something funny on me proved fruitless.
















This was also the place where a man lying on the lounge near me was called His Highness, all the staff walking by would stop and bow and say Good Morning Your Highness. Any inquiries as to who he was were met with 'we have no one special staying here at the moment' which made my companion once again doubt my story.























If you bump in to the Queen or High do send my regards,

Love Mum xxxxx

No comments: