Saturday, December 6, 2008

Forty, Fit and Fabulous

Dear Stef,

I'm not sure who the toothless, tatooed young man is that called out 'Hi Stef's Mum' as I walked through the plaza this morning but I hope you don't associate with him very often. He is NOT marriage material.

I know we did not come to any arrangement about the amount of times I expect you to contact me - after all you are now 22, but three days is too long to have to field calls from your Aunts asking if I have heard from you.

I went to the Longy this week and I missed having you there with me. I met a lady who knows you, in fact her daughter thinks you are wonderful. I had to clarify that we were talking about the same person and apparently we were.

Was a very funny night and nobody ended up in hospital - a first. You know I am still getting over the night I rushed myself to hospital with my (as then) undiagnosed heart condition and when you found out I was in hospital your first words were, 'are you having your stomach pumped'. Maybe your friends need their stomach pumped after a couple of drinks but I do not.




















Please note my brilliant cleavage - Rodney helped.

I had a great conversation today with a lady from Scotland. I told her the story of you running out the house before you went on your Hockey tour of Scotland and grabbed your bikini shouting, 'oh here it is I couldn't find it anywhere' I don't think anyone has ever worn a bikini in Scotland but I could be wrong.

It's -7 in New York today that is MINUS 7. I hope you are able to get your hands on something a little warmer than your rain jacket. I would suggest (though I know you don't like my suggestions) anyway, I would suggest you are going to need something a tad warmer.

Love Mum xxx

1 comment:

Stef Mitchell said...

who are these people?
and of course she thinks im fabulous. no biggie.
rodneys just a charm isnt he. thanks for pointing that out.
i do have something warmer than a rain jacket. i have a jumper.
i forgot my bikini and thongs for mexico.. haha.
oh and congrats on the light show.
just to let u know we're back safe in LA. survived mexico in one piece. i refrained from telling you about the drunk mexican who tried to get into our room at 1am. tully and i shat ourselves and had scissors as a defence. getting a sim card tomorrow. sweet.