Wednesday, December 3, 2008

A Mother's Burden

Thank you Stef for your wonderful updates. I am thrilled that you had the sense to put a table across your door for security in the dingy little Mexican hotel you stayed in. I am glad you turned down the night with a 'bowl of coke and hookers' WTF!!!!

I was not laughing at you when you went through the Custom gates and stood in the line that said Indian Residents only. I was laughing WITH you. I might add that if you manage to get deported from any country that you visit I will be telling them you are a resident of India and to please send you back there.


I found a library book of yours that was due back 93 days ago. I have dutifully returned it for you. (I actually read it first, it wasn't bad but I didn't think you would get a book out that had a Womens Weekly sticker on the front)! Yesterday when a letter from the RTA arrived my heart sunk to my feet as I thought you had managed to rack up yet another fine but thankfully it was just a letter to let your deceased Grandfather know he had to pass a test before the RTA would renew his license.

The place is quiet - and clean - without you, the novelty of having cheese and bread left in the fridge when I get home has yet to wear off. It is also quite novel to sleep all night long and not be woken by drunken laughter at some un-godly hour as you tried to get in the house with the spare hidden key that you always had trouble finding.

Harley and Rani are missing you dreadfully, the keep looking for you they have taken up residence on your bed, fleas and all.

Love you and miss you

Love Mum xxxx

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I miss you mummy
x